Safety is our number goal on any and all Winter Springs Cycling hosted rides. We adhere to and follow all Florida Bicycle Laws Please familiarize yourself with the law as you are ultimately responsible for your riding actions.
Our club motto is "Ride As One". Please follow the below general rules for group pace line riding to ensure that we start the ride "As One" and more importantly, finish the ride "As One".
- ALWAYS wear a helmet. If you do not have a helmet, you will not be allowed to ride with us.
- We stop for ALL red lights. If the group gets split at a light, the lead group will slow down enough for the second group to get back on.
- Pay attention to calls from the ride leaders, e.g. Single file, Double pace line.
- We believe the more communication the better. Talk to your riding partners to let them know - "Stopping", "Car Back", "On Your Left", "Clear".
- Watch out for pot holes, debris, etc and alert your riding partners. Use hand signals whenever possible to point out hazards.
- Use hand signals to alert motorist when making any turns.
- Ride predictably.
- Do not cross wheels.
- If a gap opens, don't make things worse by accelerating too hard, overrunning the wheel in front, then grabbing the brakes. Instead, ease back up to the rider in front. If you donâ€™t become proficient at following a wheel, you can waste more energy than you save by constant yo-yoing.
- Practice your soft pedaling skills.
- Pullers: Be sure when coming off the front you are communicating with your pulling partner. Come off as a pair and in a single file. Be sure to slow down when making turns so the group does not get split. Maintain a constant pace.
- NEVER wear Headphones, Earbuds, etc.
- NEVER use Aero Bars.
- Avoid Road Rage situations. If you engage motorists, you will not ride with us again.